You have the right to dispute your credit record held with the credit bureau if information on the credit bureau is incorrect. In the case of the report you drew via GetUp. Our partner is CPB and the process to follow is explained below:
- Contact the credit bureau and provide them with the information they request; you can contact CPB via their website by clicking on the following link:https://www.consumerprofilebureau.com/contact/ You can also contact CPB on 010 590 9505 and ask for the Consumer Relations Department.
- Once the information has been received and accepted by CPB you will be notified that you have lodged a dispute;
- An investigation will then take place. The credit or data provider is given the opportunity to respond to your dispute by providing evidence that the information on your credit profile is correct;
- If the information is found to be valid, the information will be kept on your profile. If the credit provider agrees that the information is incorrect, the incorrect information will be removed from your credit profile within 20 business days;
- If you are not satisfied with the process at the credit bureau you are welcome to seek the assistance of the Credit Ombud or the National Credit Regulator in the resolution of your dispute.