You can choose to insure up to three life partners under immediate family cover.
Your life partner:
• is your husband or wife; or
• can be the person living with you who is accepted by the community as your husband or wife.
Your life partner must be 16 years or older and younger than 85 years when:
• you add them to your plan;
• you change their cover level; or
• you add additional benefits.
If you divorce or no longer live with your life partner, they can remain on your plan as part of your immediate family cover. You can only do this if they were insured under the immediate family cover before you divorced or stopped living together. The premium and cover will not change. However, you can no longer increase their cover.
Your life partner must live in South Africa. Metropolitan may ask you for proof of this.
If you have more than three life partners, additional life partners can be insured under the extended family cover.